Climbing Belukha Peak (4506m)
Request for tour price & booking >>>
Tour to Kazakhstan M-2
The program: Duration: 16 days
Accommodation: 3 nights in hotel, 12 nights in tents
Category of difficulty: AAAA
Season: July - September. Optimal time is July 20 - September 1
Travel itinerary: Almaty - Medeo - Ust-Kamenogorsk - Yasevoe Lake - Sarsembai cabin - Katun River - Rassypnoi waterfall - Ust-Kamenogorsk - Almaty
Day 1. Arrival in Almaty. Meeting at the airport, transfer to hotel "
Otrar" ****, accommodation. Rest. Breakfast. City sightseeing: visit to the 28 Panfilov guardsmen memorial, Cathedral, Museum of national musical instruments, National museum, Medeo gorge, and Republic square (4 hrs). Lunch at cafe. Departure to Ust-Kamenogorsk. Meeting at the airport, transfer to hotel "Ust-kamenogorsk" **, accommodation. Dinner at local cafe. Overnight in hotel.
Day 2. Breakfast. Transfer: Ust-Kamenogorsk - Yasevoe Lake (1760m) (430 km). Lunch en-route. Late arrival at Lake. Dinner. Overnight in tents.
Day 3. Breakfast. Hike: Yasevoe Lake - Lower Saddle pass (1970m) - Sersembai winter cabin (1600m) (7 km). Crossing of two rivers - the White and Black Berel. From the lake ascent of a high pass among Altai taiga, then descent to the valley of the Black Berel river. Another small pass and we reach Sarsembai cabin. Lunch en-route. Dinner. Night in tents.
Day 4. Breakfast. Hike: Sarsembai cabin - Katun River - Upper Saddle pass (2700m) - Rassypnoi waterfall. Visit to the waterfall. Lunch en-route. Set up of base camp. Dinner. Overnight in tents.
Days 5 - 10. Climb to the
summit of Belukha.
Day 11. Breakfast. Return to base camp on the Katun River. Lunch en-route. Dinner. Night in tents.
Day 12. Breakfast. Hike: Rassypnoi waterfall - Upper Saddle pass - Sarsembai winter cabin (7 km). Lunch en-route. Dinner. Night in tents.
Day 13. Breakfast. Hike: Sarsembai winter cabin - Lower Saddle pass - Yasevoe Lake (1760m) (7 km). Lunch en-route. Dinner. Night in tents.
Day 14. Breakfast. Transfer: Yasevoe Lake - Ust-Kamenogorsk (430 km). On the way it is possible to visit the Berelskie archaeological excavations. Lunch en-route. Accommodation in hotel "Ust-Kamenogorsk" **. Dinner at a local cafe. Overnight in hotel.
Day 15. Breakfast. Sightseeing of the city (3-4 hours). Lunch at cafe. Flight Ust-Kamenogorsk - Almaty. Arrival in Almaty. Meeting at the airport, transfer to hotel "Otrar" ****. Dinner at restaurant "Otrar". Overnight in hotel.
Day 16. Departure from Almaty.
1. Most of the road from Ust-Kamenogorsk to Yasevoe Lake is paved. Only the last 60 km is on dirt. This is the section from Uryl village, where documents are checked at the entrance to the border zone. For transfers we use 4WD vehicles without A/C.
2. If you decide to take a helicopter flight from Ust-Kamenogorsk to Katun village, you should inform the company of this at least 2 days prior to the flight. We offer this service at an additional cost. Flight time Ust-Kamenogorsk - base camp - Ust-Kamenogorsk is 2 hours. Finish time of the program is the same.
3. Your personal gear and camping equipment will be carried by horse from Yasevoe Lake to base camp and back. Each climber will be provided with 1 horse (extra horses may be requested at an additional cost), which can carry up to 60 kg.
4. It is possible to buy food at the base camp.
5. Due to the expeditionary nature of the climb there will be no sauna or shower in the base camp. An electric generator will not be provided.
Request for tour price & booking >>>
We hope you like the program and assure you that we are absolutely open to any suggestions to increase the range of our services for the entire satisfaction of our clients and are happy to meet your special requirements.
You can alter the duration of your tour and places of visits by adding one of the
extensions. Our tour operator will work closely with you or your travel agent to carefully prepare an itinerary based on your stated interests.